Music Teacher in London & Online
Hi! I'm Iona Catherine. I run learnhowtomusic.com.
I offer lessons online and in East London.
I am an enthusiastic and experienced tutor with 15+ years of hands-on professional and academic music experience.
I offer a range of one-on-one music lessons in East London, from violin to songwriting to composition and production.
The bespoke and personalised music classes that I offer can benefit students of all levels, whatever your goals and ambitions are.
I’ll work with you to provide both in-person and online one-to-one music lessons to bring you to the level that you want to reach – whether that’s learning how to play an instrument in London or releasing your own fully-produced songs to the world!
You know that when you come to Learn How To Music, you’re learning from the best music teacher in the region.
"Iona is an extremely talented young woman - she knows what she's talking about! Her songwriting analysis session inspired me to get writing straight away and then we moved onto Logic, which she was very patiently teaching me. I never felt like the lessons were rushed, they were nicely personal and I felt like I was getting to know her. I'll be back when time allows!"
- Lara, 2021
"Iona is a fantastic and insightful tutor - she's hugely knowledgeable about music production and is really fun to work with."
- Hugo, 2021
"Iona is patient, knowledgable and encouraging. I thought an hour of tuition might drag a bit but quite the opposite - the time flies by. I’ve learned a lot so far and it’s only lesson two."
- Bill, 2021
"Iona is a great tutor! She taught me songwriting and production. Super supportive, organised and fun! I learnt a lot and definitely got out of the lessons what I wanted. She’s got loads of experiences and resources that make up the high quality education she delivers and she teaches however you want her to and to whatever style suits you!"
- Roderick, 2021
Learn Music with a Pro Musician
I am a professional musician, specialising in music production, mixing, songwriting, composition, pop/folk violin, music business, and film scoring.
* 1st Class Honours BA in Music from Goldsmiths, UoL
* Currently studying MA in Popular Music at Goldsmiths, UoL
* D*D*D* BTEC Music Performance, A Level Music, AS Level Business, EPQ
* Grade 8 Scottish Violin, Grade 7 Classical Violin, Grade 5 Music Theory
RECENT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
* Live folk violin for Black Metal artist Myrkur at a London gig
* DSP release of my own music artist project INCONNIA
* Scoring of short LIAF nominated short film 'Amputee Undefined' for Paralympian Sophie Kamlish
* Tuition of 40+ 1-1 music students
* 15+ years of professional music experience 👍